Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16 - Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout

Mon PM - Incline #24.  For some reason I just wasn't into running yesterday.

Tues AM - 60 minutes at the gym.

Tues PM - Easy ten miles on the Garden roads, 86 minutes.  As I was coming down a steep hill around mile nine of my run, I saw a runner up ahead, coming towards me.  I noticed his odd form, almost like he was hopping.  As I got closer I saw he was missing a leg.  And not a below the knee amputee, I mean his whole damn leg, from the hip down.  He had a blade attached to a metal pole attached to his hip.  And he was charging up that hill.  Awesome to see him out there getting after it.

Beer for today was the Lugene Choc Milk Stout from Odell Brewing.  I love chocolate milk, and obviously I love beer, but this brew didn't really capture the magic I was expecting from combining the two.

No comments: