Friday, April 05, 2013

April 5 - Valhalla Red IPA

Commute #23

AM - Quick five miles to work on the bike.

Lunch - 3.4 mile hike with two loops around Prospect Lake.  I saw a bald eagle flying over the lake looking for lunch.  I'm sure it was a bald eagle.  Are there birds that can be mistaken for a bald eagle?  I only ask because even though I saw it with my own eyes, I just can't believe there was a bald eagle flying around what is basically downtown Colorado Springs.

PM - Nice ride home via Cheyenne Canon.  One of the iconic rides of this area.  Guys named Lance and Levi have had the CR on this climb, which I didn't really time but probably fell a bit short of their speed.  17.3 miles on the fat tires, my longest ride ever.

Beer for today was the Valhalla Red IPA from Elysian Brewing in Seattle.  Wife had this waiting in the fridge for me after my ride.  I said I'm slowly becoming a fan of IPA's but this one didn't do it for me.  At $7 for a bomber, I doubt I'll go out of my way to drink it again.


1 comment:

Peter N. Jones said...

Might be an Osprey. They look like a bald eagle but a bit smaller, and they hang out around lakes.