Tuesday, April 02, 2013

April 2 - Fat Tire

AM - 60 minutes at Accolade.  Here's a shot of me impressing the ladies at the gym:


Lunch - 2.2 mile hike around Prospect Lake.  Friggin' cold outside today.

PM - Very easy 60 minutes on the Garden roads, 6.2 miles.  First time I've run in the rain in quite some time.

Saw this list today so I've been craving a Fat Tire.  One of three brews we always have in the beer fridge.  I've had seven of the 22 beers on the list, maybe I'll look to try some of the others.  Could never figure out why bikes are so popular in the brewing world, much more than any other sport.  Not sure there has ever been a running themed beer not made in some dude's basement.


4 comments:

mike_hinterberg said...

Cool list. Boulder's Singletrack is another standby for me.
Big IPAs are overrated, why not get something good and malty that you can drink 2 or 5 of. New Glarus does almost everything right there.
I seemingly go out of my way to avoid ordering a Fat Tire since it's so "common," but it's really a great beer. I still like NBB as a company but really don't care much for Belgian styles and putting fruit and junk in beer -- maybe some Austrian blood in me sympathizes with the old Germany Purity Laws.

It's tempting to make fun of your new header pic but it's actually kinda cool.

brownie said...

I'm with you on the fruit thing. A lot of breweries around here should just start calling themselves a winery.

GZ said...

EPO IPA baby!

I think 31 might be too easy for you. Maybe 50 or a 100?

brownie said...

I thought about your beer, but EPO is much more associated with bikers than runners.

And I said 31 different beers. I certainly didn't say I'd only drink 31 beers all month.