Tuesday, April 02, 2013

31 Beers of April


I was on some weird monthly fitness challenge e-mail list where folks would spend all their free time either doing weird exercises or looking up weird exercises on the iterweb.  Fine for the winter months, but when I suggested that this month’s activity be something a bit more social I was rudely outed from the group.  Maybe I shouldn’t have started off that e-mail with “you fucking losers need to get a life.”

Screw those guys, I’m going to go ahead with my wonderful idea anyways.  One different beer for each day of April.  Not a new beer, which I might be able to pull off if it weren’t for the meddling wife watching the bank account, but a different beer.  No repeating.

The April 1st beer is the Racer 5 IPA from Bear Republic Brewing in Healdsburg, CA (yes, I looked the location up on google).  Probably something left over from the Fat Ass as I can’t remember buying this brew.  Not long ago I wasn’t a fan of IPA’s but I guess hanging around the ultrarunner crowd has rubbed off on me.  Pretty good beer, I’m sure I’ll drink this again since there are a few more in my fridge.  Thanks to whomever left a few bottles.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, but there are only 30 days in April, ass wipe!

brownie said...

I'm sure I can fit an extra beer in somewhere.

Adam Christians said...

I brought those... I'd never had em before I brought them to the FA either, and think I only had one post race... Not bad though

brownie said...

Thanks for the beer, Adam! There were only two or three in the fridge, so someone else was enjoying them as well.