Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thurs/CRUD challenge

Thursday brick.  4.5 mile run in 42 minutes, followed by a 5.2 mile bike to work.  Fourth time riding to work, 196 more times and that bike has paid for itself in gas savings.

Took a different route home from work yesterday, dropping by Bristol.  Good thing - they found a dead body on the hike-and-bike trail next to wal-mart on 8th street.  I use that trail to get from the Santa Fe trail over to Bear Creek Park.  Lots of homeless in that area, my guess is that it's one of those guys.

CRUD will be gathering at my place on August 25th.  The challenge this year?  Pancakes!  Not sure of the rules yet, but I think it's going to be three pounds of pancakes for time.  Paul D has been pushing for this for years, I think he's got to be the favorite.  I'm not good with pancakes, guessing I'll be a DNF after two pounds.  Possibly some reversal of fortune action thrown in for good measure.


2 comments:

Andy said...

Definitely be there but no pancakes for me man... I've learned my lesson! Good luck tomorrow and see you up here tomorrow night sometime maybe.

Brandon S said...

I've got a one of a kind collector's edition race number that can be thrown in as a prize.