Thursday, December 01, 2011

commute #1

Bus to work. Got on near the local Safeway at 6:24, got to work at 6:51. Five minute layover at the downtown bus terminal. Not too much longer than driving straight to work.

Need to plan breakfast better though. When I drive or run to work, I hit Safeway for my morning ritual of bagels and choc milk. To catch the bus, I'm at the store before they put the bagels out. In a pinch and out of time, I grabbed some hot pockets. Yummy, but not the most healthy thing. Will go very well with the nutritious lunch I'm having at King's Chef.

2 comments:

mike_hinterberg said...

Not bad time, how far is your bus ride?
Is your bus system halfway decent, then?

I've tried taking an RTD local route in Denver once (a few express routes are decent), and I missed it -- despite the bus being 10 minutes late. I was able to run and catch up *3 stops* later. It's obvious that running a decent speed through downtown Denver faster is about as fast as the bus -- and biking is always faster (even more true in the Fort) -- so the buses here are pretty much impractically lame, much as I wish it weren't so.

brownie said...

Our bus system is horrible, I just happen to live and work very close to bus stops. And the ride is only 5.5 miles, involving two buses. I can bike faster, and I'm a pretty slow biker.