Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lukas Nelson

Got me some tix for Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real today. Glad to see 'em coming back to the Springs. Was gonna pick up a ticket for PG, but he's been waffle-ing on whether or not he's gonna go, and we all know those North CRUD guys won't stay up past 9PM on the night before a race.

Saw these guys not too long ago at the Triple Nickel. Remember watching Lukas tearing it up on stage, then noticing half the crowd (including my sister, once again bringing shame upon the family) playing with their smartphone and not paying any attention to the show. It's the last time I've had my phone inside a bar. Bars are for drinking, and if you're lucky enough getting to watch some live music while you're doing that, not for texting or updating your facebook page or whatever. So if you ever call or text me when I'm at a bar, I'm sorry but I'm too busy getting wasted and I'll get back to you when my hangover goes away.

2 comments:

Patrick Thurber said...

"bars are for drinking" ...now, that is some goddamn wisdom worth spreading around this country. those fucking phones (along with our gambling video games and keno) are killing bars and D.O.A.-ing god knows how many slopping drunken hook-ups.

GZ said...

Ah, the downfall of society because of the ubiquitous nature of cell phones and the internet ... much agreement, although I guess I am guilty on some counts as well. I'd rather folks use them in bars than cars though.