Sunday, August 08, 2010

weekend

Awesome weekend. Lots of beer on Friday, a solid ten miler (results are here) on Saturday morning, a painful but completed long run on the Leadville course on Saturday night (more on that over here), and three breweries on Sunday - Gore Range, Backcountry, and Breckenridge. Really pushing the limits now on how many growlers Katie will let me display in the kitchen, might hafta move some to the garage soon...

Just found out about this benefit for the Manitou X-C team. Already have my excuse picked out - I'm not concentrating on the 5K distance until closer to the London games.

Shot of me courtesy pikespeaksports.us from the halfway mark of Sat's run:

6 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

This post is lacking coverage on the excitement of Boom Days!

Chris said...

Didn't know you had already raced Sat AM! Good to see you up in Pb. I like your taper style.

GZ said...

Wait - that pic makes me think that is not the typical hat.

brownie said...

Yeah Brandon, nobody even knows that you almost ended up in a Leadville cop car!

Of course it's the normal hat.

mike_hinterberg said...

I thought I was pushing it with microbrew pint glasses -- guess growlers is for the big leagues!

At least one is good for a coin change jar.

Review on Gore Range? Haven't been there.

brownie said...

Gore Range was good. A bit more on the restaurant side than the brewery side, which I don't like, but the two pints I had were better than I was expecting. Not worth a solo trip, but if you're ever on I-70 near Vail and thirsty, definitely worth stopping by.

Unfortunately, I could only buy an empty growler there as some weird county law won't let them sell full growlers on Sunday. It's like the stone ages up there.