Friday, August 27, 2010

recovery

Easy run on the Garden trails this morning, 32 minutes. Sometimes the sunrise hits Pikes in just the right way that the mountain really does turn purple. Today was one of those days. FYI, the backyard was recently named one of the top ten most visually inspiring sites in the US.

Not that I care or anything, but today is the 239th day of the year, and I've run 2466 miles for an average of 10.3 per day.

Due to my superior computer hacking skills, here's a pic of me crossing the finish. That's PBR in the water bottle. It blows my mind that they are enforcing the open container laws in Leadville now.

3 comments:

That's Mr. McGoogly to you! said...

how'd you get the pic? I hate almost all the pics they took of me, except for one where I'm dancing at at the end.

brownie said...

It was the one the race sent me on e-mail. It took my exceptional hacking skills to get it onto my blog, a feeble CU guy like you wouldn't understand. No, one of my computer buddies ripped it somehow...

Good stuff on your blog (can't comment there while at work). I believe the guy who offered you a brew at the end was my hasher friend. Had you taken it, or had I passed it up (unlikely), we might have been in a sprint to the finish. Great run!

Jeff B. said...

I'm not real proud, but I got an official complaint/court date for consumption of alcohol in Arizona while drinking a big can of PBR mid run.