Monday, August 23, 2010

2-1

Victory is mine!

Pretty awesome meeting tons of people who read this blog. Especially all of 'em reporting on Hope Pass that Brandon was behind me. I was sending messages back down the mountain to him, always taking the opportunity to talk some smack.

There was even one guy who saw us eating at the Golden Burro and said, "oh, I thought you guys really hated each other."

Brandon had a rough day, good on him to tough it out. I think he was injured a little more than he let on. Which means there's gonna have to be a rematch someday...

5 comments:

J.P. Patrick said...

"Tell him he's overcompensating for his vagina." I told him.

Brandon Fuller said...

YOU ARE WELCOME! If it wasn't for me chasing you, you wouldn't have set that big PR.

You won this battle, my friend. The war still rages on!

Unknown said...

Just think how fast you could have gone if you didn't wear knickers...

see you at the bear. straight up bet?

MW said...

Nicely done, JT. Very impressive!
It's interesting to see how your write-ups of your 100milers, and evern of just your leadville one's alone over the years have "matured" as well. Not in that you're less childish, but the story telling has matured/grown from every detail, to a longer, more, longterm strategy approach.
I'd be curious to see how your actual splits paired up with your planned splits you posted a couple weeks earlier. Do you have such data?

brownie said...

We wore a chip this year so I'm hoping they post splits. But the only times I remember are leaving Mayqueen just under 2:10, and leaving Winfield at 11 hours (30 minutes over schedule).