Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the long road back

Ran last night for the first time in a while. Did the Jack Quinn's run, which started up north at the Boulder Running Company. Went about 3.5 miles on ice covered roads. My recent inactivity and the altitude really kicked my butt, but no major issues with my ankle. Gonna ease back into things this month, no more than five miles (maybe an hour on Sundays with the Incline Club) until the Rescue Run on Jan 1. Also gonna try the Pikes Peak Road Runners winter series, I've volunteered there before but never run it.

Good times after the run at Old Chicago's, stayed there well past 11PM. Good to see some old friends again.

Distance - 3.5 miles
Time - 32:55
Conditions - freezing cold (below 30 degrees) and ice the entire way

1 comment:

Impala Mama said...

You should come lift weights w/ Net and I in the basement! We will have the bench strategically placed near the keggerator...

If you're lucky I will even make you your own homemade shank, cuz we lift serious like a vato.