Wednesday, November 21, 2007

MRI results

Not good. Have two complete ligament tears as well as some other minor stuff. May require surgery. I begin physical therapy on Monday and will have an ortho appointment next week.
As of now I am not medically cleared to leave Lackland once school is over but hopefully that is taken care of these next few weeks. I asked the doc how long 'till I can run again, and he said several months (which I refuse to believe). I hate having a doctor who doesn't run. Anywho, since I'm sure my lovely sister will want to read this, the official MRI results:

1. a complete tear of the anterior talofibular ligament and calcaneofibular ligament;
2. the edema within the sinus tarse, correlate with physical exam findings for sinus tarsi syndrome;
3. tenosynovitis of the peroneal tendons;
4. achilles tendon tendinopathy;
5. ankle effusion

8 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

I am really sorry to hear about your ankle. I know how much running means to you.

Please quit running on it JT, You can only remain invincible for so long….

Gagger said...

Sorry to hear about that.

Good thing your Turkey Week drinking binge is upon you...no time for running anyways!

Ann Cornelia Pelton said...

Wow that sucks! I will buy you a beer or three tonight at the BarFly. You can relax in the hot tub too this weekend!

mike said...

Welcome to my world. I didn't let my foot heal and now the orthopod says it will never be the same again, even with surgery.

You may have a shot at geting better if you let it heal.

Jes said...

I don't know what most of those words are, but it sounds kind of shitty. Sorry, man. Hope you're back to running soon.

Barbara said...

That fucking blows......

Lick My Lincoln said...

Holy fucking shit. Dude, you gotta lay off if you ever want to run again. Seriously.

So - when will they let you come back to CO?

I though we had some apartment warming, beer drinking plans, damn it!

Besides, I just closed on a house yesterday!!!!

MW said...

Big bummer