Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pony Express


Despite the fact that I was severly hungover from the previous night's Kimchi hash, I got up super early on Sunday for the Pony Express Trail Run, a 15 mile loop around Rampart Resovoir put on by the Pikes Peak Road Runners.

Never been on this trail before, and what a great trail it was! Mostly non-technical singletrack, very runnable. And some of the best views of Pikes Peak I've ever seen!

I ended up running 2:10:30. Not blazing by any means but it was a good training run. It was pretty cold with an annoying wind, and I lost a lot of time at one point there I had to empty some rocks out of my shoe. My fingers were so cold I had trouble untying and tying my sneaks.

Finishers awards were pretty cool, a rusty horseshoe with a tiny plaque on it. Not bad for $6.

No comments: