Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I am officially unemployed. I turned in my letter of resignation this morning, saying I would work 'till January 11th. My boss returned shortly and said, "if you leave right now we'll pay you through the 11th." Ten minutes later I was at the bus stop, arms full of all the personal stuff from my office.

Was feeling pretty bummed about the whole deal, but as my bus was passing through campus I saw a big scene, and a bunch of cop cars were around, and I caught a glimpse of someone handcuffed and being put into the back of a pigmobile. And I thought to myself, "things could be a lot worse...."

Anyways, possible happy hour at the Draught Hourse tonight. Right now I'm off to enjoy the Greenbelt trails.

6 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

Isn't not working and getting paid for it a good thing? I suppose if they were really pissed off they could've let you go with nothing.

Good luck with everything--and stop running so damned much.

Barbara said...

Is someone going to return the door knob to the Draught House?

PlaysByEar said...

I nominate Brownie! He's expendable now.

Gagger said...

Just look at it as more time to visit all of your favorite Austin locations before your big move. :)

Rafael said...

Could be a lot better too.

brownie said...

PRJ - No, duathlete means two chicks at the same time! Click the Telluride Blues & Brews link on my blog and get your lame ass up to Colorado to visit!