Friday, December 02, 2005

calling Johnny Cochran...

Wow, threatened with legal action over my blog! How cool is that? This is an e-mail I received earlier today:

JT~Please do not post references in your blog that are slanderous or libel about me or my roommate Squeezebox. (we can take legal action about those as they can be printed from archives) No-one appreciates your prigish, infantile and immature outlook of others and feelings of inadequacy about yourself.

I've certainly been called immature before, but never prigish or infantile. In fact, I had to look "prigish" up, I had never heard the word before. Neither had dictionary.com, but I'll assume the author meant "priggish":

1. A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
2. Chiefly British. A petty thief or pickpocket.
3. Archaic. A conceited dandy; a fop.

Well, I guess it fits. Cool! But to state the obvious, if you don't like reading my ramblings or you're offended by what I put on here, then don't fucking read my blog, idiot!

17 comments:

Denial Queen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...

Holy crap..that's the funniest thing I ever read.

brownie said...

Wow, is that a threat? It sounded a lot like a good Arnold quote, but assassination scares via internet are a federal offense. You will be hearing from my legal advisors shortly...

Rafael said...

Dayam, slander and libel. Nothing like some good S&L to finish off the week.

Barbara said...

That's a mighty lofty threat for a simple blog entry.

PlaysByEar said...

How ridiculous. They are correct though, you are a conceited dandy.

BRAE said...

DAMN Brownie! What did you stick up her ass to get an email like that?

brownie said...

My legal defense team has instructed me not to comment on the issue. But Squeezin', you keep running your mouth and I'll steal all your ball point pens!

Denial Queen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BRAE said...

What a bunch of up tight, no fun having, can't take a little joke or teasing BULLSHIT!

Barbara said...

That fact that a person would go to such lengths on a public blog just reiterates the fact that they are in desperate need of attention. Just drop it all and leave the blog if he has offended you....I don't think many people takes these blogs seriously. I certainly don't.

brownie said...

I checked with my hash lawyer, who knows "Denial Queen," and he told me it isn't slander/libel if it's the truth.

PlaysByEar said...

And since everything you read on the internet is true, case closed.

Brownie is a wanker! Please don't sue me!

dayoldfish said...

damn, how come no one told me there was a post this funny, I feel so left out. Geez, I cannot believe this came from the person who posed as Speedie Edie and multiple times discussed Brownie's sordid affair with SFWW. Geez ... get a life, learn to take a joke, if that doesn't work boycott the hash for a bit

brownie said...

I didn't know you weren't following, I wouldn't have deleted all her comments. It was some good reading.

dayoldfish said...

bastage

Rafael said...

As Joe Rockhead would've said "Just Fuckin' relax!"