Friday, January 19, 2024

I CLOSED WOLSKI'S

Sometimes dreams do come true.

Despite a shitshow of a travel day due to weather issues at various airports, $100 and I arrived in Milwaukee in time to close Wolski's on Saturday.  Such a great place!  And yes I made it until the bouncer asked us to leave at 2:30AM.  Earned that damn sticker!





On Sunday we did some quality day drinking, including a tour of Lakefront Brewing, before heading over to catch the G Love & Special Sauce show.  More good times.  30th anniversary of their self-titled debut album.  Sure made me feel old but I still tried my best to party like a 21 year old.

After the show?  Back to Wolski's, where I closed things down for a second straight day.

I don't think temps got above 5F the entire time we were there, and things were significantly colder at night.  Plus we were nestled in between a huge lake and a river.  Plus it was windy.  Oof.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How’s Lakefront Brewing? Been wondering about their beer for awhile but haven’t had it.

MikeH said...

Congrats on realizing the dream, I grew up in WI seeing those stickers and as a kid I thought it meant the bar was permanently closed! Never actually closed it properly, regrettably.

brownie said...

I liked Lakefront, both the IPA and the brewery itself.

We got to chat with the owner of Wolski's for a bit on day two. He said they give out over 25,000 of those stickers every year. You don't even have to be there at closing to get a few.

The Padre said...

Outstanding !!! And 30 Years?!?!?!? How Did That Happen ? G Love Used To Play Here When Passing Through

Congrats On The Wolski's Badge Of Honor
Cheers