Monday, January 22, 2024

5:43.01

Survived the polar vortex.

Caught the Hairball show on Friday night.  80s hair metal is always a good time.  Seven's Gate, then the show, then Benny's to finish the night.


So I might have been a bit hungover for the annual Raptor Resolution Run.  Still got in a decent effort though, running 38:22 for the flat, dirt five miler along the Arkansas River.  I really enjoy this race, I've done six of the twelve editions, and I hope this isn't the last one.  Of course I saw my boy Lurch, who turned 40 this year (they can live to 55 in captivity).


You know who wasn't hungover on Saturday?  My beloved Pitt hoops team, taking it to Duke down in Cameron!


Another track meet up at USAFA in the books.  I was hoping for a sub 5:40 but it just wasn't in the cards.  I was with a guy the first half mile, hit in 2:46, but then he dropped out and I found myself running alone in no man's land and I struggled the rest of the way.  


I only have one more meet left here in COS.  The USATF mid-America region masters indoor championships over at UCCS.  Sounds impressive but anyone can sign up.  After that I'm planning on two meets up in Niwot - a track 5k on April 28 and the mile at the Frank Shorter Classic on May 12.

Decent week given the terrible weather and a travel day back from Milwaukee.

run - 31 miles, 6.5 hours, 3490 feet of climbing

ride - 8.5 miles, one hour, 297 feet of climbing

hike - 28.5 miles, 11.5 hours, 2889 feet of climbing

Put up my Wolski's sticker at Fossil.  Mission accomplished.


1 comment:

The Padre said...

Pitt Over Duke Rocks Unlike My Aztecs Choking On Everyone These Past Few Weeks - And Why Is Selection Sunday On St Patties??? That So Blows - Be Well Brother And Keep Post Big M Photos

Rock On ,
Cheers