Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Sawatch 50/50

$100 and Mookie and I took off in the van for Chaffee County this weekend.  She did some hiking and fishing, I took on the Sawatch 50/50.  West Line Winder 50k on Saturday, Sawatch Ascent 50k on Sunday.

I wasn't fully recovered from Pikes, but I got the job done.  Ran 6:15 on Saturday on the nice trails behind Buena Vista.  Loved the Ascent course, but it was rough and I finished in 8:11 for the 33+ mile course.  Was running well on Sunday but there is a long, technical downhill just after halfway that I really struggled with.

Not much else on the schedule before the Panama City Beach marathon, so I'll start gearing towards that.  3:30 or bust.  Will be driving down there, hitting some state high points along the way.

For the week:

run - 71 miles, 16 hours

ride - 32 miles, 3.5 hours

hike - 21 miles, nine hours


No comments: