Sunday, November 11, 2018

18:18

Made the trip up to Denver on Saturday for the Park Hill Pizza Pie 5k.  Went in looking for a hard effort and that's what I got.  A 5:58 first mile had me in sight of the lead pack, then at a small hill just before the two mile mark I made a little move and took the lead.  Mentally I really struggled over the final mile and I was sure I was going to get passed, but I actually held it together pretty well, running 5:54 to preserve the W.  It was a tiny field, and there was also a 10k so this was not the main event, but it's still fun to go to the big city and win a race.  There is a possibility I'll run some more of the City Park Race Series, and I will announce those plans here in case any of my Denver friends want to come throw down.

Good weekend on the football front as the Steelers crushed, Pitt showed up to their biggest game in a long time, and Air Force finally pulled away from a pesky New Mexico squad.





 
The good luck continued as I was one of five vets to win a mug at Red Leg.  The mug stays at the brewery and I get to fill her up for five bucks.



7 comments:

Jeff Valliere said...

Nice!! Way to throw down!

Kieran McCarthy said...

Good work! One of these days we'll have to throw down in a 5k!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GZ said...

Oh Lucy posted on your blog too. Congrats.

Impressive 5k. Well beyond my abilities but I still fully intend to crush you at Pikes.

Bob Johnson said...

Looking forward to Lucy analyzing your JFK 50 miler.

Jeff Valliere said...

Who is Lucy? GZ, I wouldn't worry about Brownie, though I am sure he has an inflated ego after his cheap shot at me last year at Pikes. Not sure he realized I was waiting on him on the descent..... ;)

The Padre said...

Thought about you when I first saw the Beast Mode video

Stay Strong Mr Pitt,
Cheers