Saturday, June 16, 2018

food

Pretty much about done packing.  For food I have a daily gallon size zip lock bag stuffed with 3000 calories, mostly junk food.  Here is one recent shopping trip:


Each zip lock weighs about 1.5 pounds.  Here's the first three days.



Lots of crappy junk food, which is high in calories and low in weight.  Pop tarts, snickers, star crunch, trail mix, peanut m&m's, nutter butter, kit kat, instant potatoes.  The big meal at supper will either be a Mountain House civilian MRE thing or two packets of ramen.  The plan is to ingest cheap, shitty, lightweight calories until we can get to a town and eat real food (pizza and cheeseburgers and beer).  Dietician to the ultra stars Meredith does not approve of this plan but I'll mostly be out of cell range so she won't be able to yell at me.

I have my pack ready for the first three days.  With six liters of water and three days of food I'm still under 30 pounds, which I'm stoked about.  Will probably take some of the dog food to help Holly ease into things.

5 comments:

meredith said...

I think this is Totally Meredith Approved!

Olga said...

I approve, too. And where are the Snickers bars??

brownie said...

Lots of snickers! But those gatorade bars are tasty and have 100 more calories than snickers.

Olga said...

Hey, what's your potential back up plan if the San Juans won't open when you reach there?

brownie said...

We will end at Silverton and finish next year if the forest is closed. I think it will be open by the time we get there.