Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Elephant Rock

When I was climbing last Thursday I got a huge blister on my left heel.  Didn't think much of it and just put a bunch of band aids over it for the 5k.  Then I rode both the 12 Hours of ERock (went 66 miles to get Cup 'o Dirt ride number five) and the 100 mile road ride on Sunday.  Which tore up the blister pretty good, and it's still kind of painful today.  I haven't run since Friday, and Mon and Tues were only quick bike rides to work and back.  Besides the stupid blister, the quads are still pretty fried as well.  Not expecting much at the Garden Ten Miler this weekend.


The rides went well though.  Not great, but good.  Just over ten hours on the saddle on Sat followed by eight on Sun.  Wanted to see what it was like to do two big days (time-wise, anyways) in a row to see what I'd be in for if I ever tried something like the Tour Divide.  Didn't go perfect, but it wasn't a total disaster either.


So it was a great big weekend of meh.  The 5k was mediocre.  The rides were OK but have left me feeling pretty beat up.  Will probably drop the cardio stuff down for a bit before we leave for the hike.


In sad news, my second dog passed away this morning.  RIP Meesh.



1 comment:

MtUnpaved said...

Sorry about your dog, losing your pets suck and it looks like you guys did alot together.