Thursday, January 11, 2018

2017/2018

Ended up meeting most of my 2017 numbers goals, barely.

Went over 2000 miles on my last run, and over 3000 miles on my last ride.

Slightly below my Accolade goal, but way above on the CityRock goal.

Just missed beating the 2016 Incline count.  41 in '16, 39 in '17.

I did smash the '16 number of nights outside (15), sleeping either in a tent or the van 27 times.  Still short of the magical month though.

I have one last Mule show to listen to, and the band made it count as their new years eve show is four hours long.  My Phish subscription ran out in mid-December, and they haven't been touring much so I didn't renew.  Somehow I'll find a way to listen to their Garden run soon.

Top two adventures of the year for me were the bikepacking trip with Kircher and the Rito Alto four pass loop.  Tied for next would have been any of the van trips with $100 and the dog.

-----

Really looking forward to 2018.  No numbers.  No big running or biking goals.  It's all about the Colorado Trail.  And fitness isn't the issue there - the big thing was growing the balls to tell my boss that I was going to take two months off, and that's already done.  I'm signed up for two races - Salida and Colfax.  Will probably continue to jump into some of the shorter local stuff.  Going to double at Pikes again, which will happen right after we finish our hike.  Signing up for the JFK 50 miler later in the year (just to finish an ultra and jump start my 50 states quest).  But for the most part it's going to be heading outside for very slow miles with the wife and the dog.

2 comments:

LK said...

The Wife will be doing the CT this summer E-to-W. As light as the snowpack has been so far she might be able to get an earlier than normal start.

brownie said...

Awesome! Maybe we'll see her out there.

I still think we're going to get our snow this year, just going to be later than usual.