Thursday, July 06, 2017

Wife Carrying Championships

Well, we did it.  Tried something new.  Lots of fun, but it's definitely more an event for the crossfit or obstacle racer types.  There were 15 or so teams, everyone ran once.  We were in the beer garden when they announced the results so we have no idea where we finished.  I heard the winning team went 1:06, so I would guess we were somewhere over 2:30.  Lots of fun and we got awesome t-shirts and a case of beer for the effort.  If you fast forward to 8:20 below you can see me get smoked in my heat.



The main goal was not to hurt $100.  The second goal was not to hurt myself.  We accomplished that.  Good times.  Weird feeling so confident about an athletic event in the morning and then feeling like a fish out of water, or more accurately a dude trying to awkwardly carry his wife through water, in the evening.




No comments: