Friday, July 07, 2017

new ride!

Meet Larry.  My brand spankin' new Advocate Lorax.  Picked her up yesterday after work and rode ten miles down to Red Leg.


And rode her again this morning to work.


She is named after Larry Fahringer, my 4th grade teacher.  Dude rode a bike all the time, including to work during all kinds of crazy Pennsylvania weather.  In 4th grade all we could say was, "why would you ride a bike when you are allowed to drive a car?," but he was definitely the guy who planted a seed about not needing to use a car for everything.  He also told lots of stories from his Army days during class, so in hindsight this guy seems to have had quite the impression on a young jt.  My dad always called him Indy Fahringer after Indiana Jones and we talked about Indy long after he was gone.  The first "adventure-y" guy I ever came across.  And this bike for some reason reminded me of him, hence the name.

No comments: