Wednesday, May 04, 2016

update

Starting to add some activity back to the schedule.  The ankle isn't 100%, but at least now I would label it as "discomfort" as opposed to "pain."  Still planning on running the Collegiate Peaks 25 miler this Saturday.  Should be interesting as the last time I ran more than ten miles was back at Salida in March.  But I'm in the JV race, so even if I have to hike the last 20 miles at least I won't have to feel guilty about making the volunteers waste the day, as I should still beat some of the 50 milers.  I'll make a decision on San Juan Solstice based off how the ankle holds up during CP.

I've also realized that Dirty Kanza is coming up really, really fast.  I should probably get on the bike between now and then.

Saturday - Was going to jump into a 5K but during my morning hike with the dog the ankle just wasn't feeling right.  So I took the fat bike out in the shitty weather for three hours on the Cheyenne Canon trails instead.

Sunday - 10K run, longest I've gone since busting the ankle.  Then I got on the bike for an easy two hours of local hike and bike trails.  $100 and I went to hot yoga that evening and I was able to push the ankle a bit during the balancing routines.

Monday - Now that Spring is here I have changed my usual 20F temperature to 30F, meaning I don't work out if the temp is below that.  Got up early to ride on Monday, but it was friggin' 26F, so I went to the gym instead.  Warmed up, and I was able to ride home via Cheyenne Canon for another two hour ride.  Monday was bike commute #50 on the year.

Tuesday - Track!  6 x 400m.  Very slow, the ankle wasn't the happiest it's been but I wanted to test things out.  Later, another two hour ride on the way home from work.

3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

26 degrees is pretty ridiculous for May.....but maybe not in Colorado Springs.
Been cloudy and/or raining here for 8 days and will be for 4 or 5 more days.
From what I read Troegs is going to start canning one of their scratch series beer. It's called Nimble Giant and is a double IPA. If they do I'll send some your way.

brownie said...

It's been a very cold and snowy April here. Where the hell is this global warming everyone keeps talking about?

Bristol releases their Cheyenne Canon Ale next week. I'm hesitant to mail bottles, but I might send some of those out.

MadMarmot said...

Ummm,it's not Global Warming anymore,it's Climate Change,that covers both warm and cold weather,pretty convenient.