Friday, May 27, 2016

catching up

Had some friends in from Austin last weekend and had a blast catching up with them.  Showed them some of our mountain bike trails, some of our old breweries, and some of our new breweries.

Spent a lot of time hiking the dog.  I track my time/distance when I do this, but I bet she does at least twice as much when she's off leash.  Love tiring her out on the weekends.


On Sunday a buddy called me and asked if I wanted to tag along on a bike pub crawl.  Great time as we started at the Triple Nickel, pedaled over to Shuga's, dropped by Benny's, stopped at Front Range, and ended at Alchemy.  Stopped drinking around 8PM on Sunday and I was still hungover on Tuesday.




Good week on the workout front.  Some good rides, an Incline, a trip up Iron Mountain.  The cankle is not 100% but I'm not really worrying about it anymore.  Pretty much done with riding until Kanza, then I have a whole two weeks to whip myself into shape for San Juan.

$100 and I are off to Vegas tomorrow.  Going to do some running in Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire, and then visit some old haunts like the Double Down and Dino's.  We tried to get tix to see Brittney, but it seems she's on vacation.  We looked into seeing Jennifer Lopez instead, but we didn't have the desire to pay the asking price for tix.  Sorry, JLo, but if it's a rough weekend and you need someplace to stay, I'll be at the Golden Nugget.


So we got tix to see Absinthe instead.  No idea what it's about, but the wife is excited. 


No comments: