Monday, July 21, 2014

beers 200 & 201

On Saturday I met Grimes up at Twin Lakes for a tour of the harder parts of the Pb100 bike.  We rode up and down Columbine, then drove over to Fish Hatchery and rode up and down Powerline.  Of course I drank a beer in between, Fire Eagle IPA from Austin Beerworks.

The rides went well and I'm feeling confident I'll finish the bike, barring a mechanical issue or wreck, in around eleven hours.  Coming down Powerline was rough for me but not the impossible barrier I was expecting.  Here's proof I made it to the top of Columbine:


We stayed up high for a bit to get in some altitude. 


Six hours of riding total, I was pretty beat by the end.  Refueled with brews and pizza at Eddyline.

On Sunday I made the drive up to Elk Park and ran up to the summit and back.  Think it was my 23rd legit summit.  Long day due to some trashed legs, the entire trip took over six hours.  Saw a guy on top sporting a Hardrock t-shirt, turns out he's a five time finisher.  We chatted for a bit and he said he got his 5th finish back in 2008 and then went on to find other non-100 miler things to do.  Think that's the boat I'll be in after Leadville this year.

Sunday evening was spent at Front Range BBQ for some brews and live music.  I feel my life has a much better balance lately now that I'm seeing live music regularly.  FRBBQ has the 120 Minute IPA from Dogfish available.


This Tuesday I'll be headed over to McCabe's for the Hops for Heroes shindig.  I work very closely with the Operation TBI guys so being able to support them by drinking beer is pretty awesome.  If you live in Colorado Springs you should check this out.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great ride and the pictures are great too.
120 minute IPA is a dangerous game to play, but tasty as hell.