Thursday, July 24, 2014

beer 203, 204, & 205


Snuck out at lunch on Tuesday and headed over to Fieldhouse Brewing for a Fist Pump Milk Stout.  I attended the Hops for Heroes later that evening, but I stuck to New Belgium Ranger all night (life is so rough) and I couldn't remember if I had that for the beer challenge this year.

Wednesday was the Golden Ale from Eldo Brewing in Crested Butte.  Please see my review in an earlier post about how this brewery has really good bands play there.


We're over the 200 mark on the beer challenge, and I have yet to touch my stash in the basement that I built up over the last few months of 2013 specifically for this throw down.  Probably have 200+ different kinds of beer down there.  I've relied mostly on trips to Colorado breweries and friends hooking me up.  I should try to take a chunk of that collection out so the wife sees what she calls "progress" in clearing out the basement, but that might be a challenge as I have lots of trips coming up which present the opportunity for new brews.

Training is going well.  Might have drank a few too many brews on Sunday, as my ride up Cheyenne Canon on Monday was rough.  Rough as in I had to walk my bike up part of it, and I may or may not have been seen lying on the side of the road in the fetal position crying for my mother.  Bad day indeed.

But I have a short memory, and I headed back up the Canon today after work.  Crushed it.  Under an hour from the office to the top of the Canon, and sub 1:15 to the top of High Drive.  On the way home I got caught in quite the storm, with lightening such as this:


That pic was stolen from the FB page of our local super hottie meteorologist, pictured here:


July has been a good month for me.  Not much going on this weekend other than hiking with the in-laws up in Breckenridge, but I'm still on pace for 215 miles running and 350+ on the bike.  After this month it's just lots of yoga until I can (hopefully) put this Leadman thing behind me.

Drank an Elevated IPA from La Cumbre Brewing Company out of the A-B-Q tonight.  Not quite as awesome as blue meth, but pretty good.  Went down well while watching Slaying The Badger, which is well worth the three bucks on amazon if you're into the Tour de France or watching a good 'ol 'Merican boy kick the shit out of a Frenchie.


Saw this shirt the other day.  Couldn't agree more.


No comments: