Monday, September 02, 2013

holiday weekend

Saturday it was up to the Fort to run Sir Nick's "half-marathon."  Nick has offered to help out with the mess at Leadville, but he needs to get his shit in order first as this run clocked in at a whopping 13.3 miles.  I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the field not to negative split this.  Ran a good first half then took it real easy on the downhill.  Then we got into some canyon where the temp hit 400F so I walked most of it.  Great race though, volunteers were awesome as they always are up there and there was a good scene at the finish.  LOVE races that give out pint glasses to finishers and then have a keg already tapped.

Some lawyer contacted me after the race and threatened me because I wished Nick good luck in the Grand Slam.  Anyone know what's up with this?

We hit up the Tour de Fat after the race.  Incredible time.  This is the only decent pic I could find, which pretty much sums up the experience:


There were three flyers for zombie runs in the latest Pikes Peak Road Runners newsletter.  This is hardcore legit shit unlike those pussy bubble runs everyone is talking about.


Easy hike up Mt. Lincoln this afternoon with some friends and some dogs.  Went with the Surly Bender on the summit since I've had multiple PBR's on this one.



2 comments:

Justin Mock said...

Nick Clark is the Jason Bourne of the Grand Slam. He does not exist.

Unfortunately that line was edited out of my RT recap.

Andy said...

Why would an ambulance chaser care? Huh?