Tuesday, June 18, 2013

new gig

Good run on the Garden roads this morning.  6.5 miles in an hour.

Got an unexpected phone call this morning and I'll be switching jobs in July.  I'll actually be unemployed for Hardrock as my last day at my current gig is July 10th and I start the new gig on July 22nd.  Last thing I thought I'd be doing today was submitting my resignation.

I did tell them I wouldn't take the job if they didn't allow me to go on my planned Austin trip.  So that visit is still a go!

10 comments:

GZ said...

new career path or the same sort of thing?

brownie said...

Same thing, different population. Will now be working with homeless vets. Downtown office, so the run and bike commutes will be easier, might even be able to go without a vehicle.

Matt said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats from Asia.

-Wrong Way

Brandon Fuller said...

Unemployed? That might get you a top 10 finish! Live in your car to upgrade to the podium!

Local Mind Media said...

Sounds like a great move. Congratulations.

mtnrunner2 said...

Very cool. And way to bargain for your days off, people don't seem to do that enough.

Good you'll have 12 days free. The time I took off between my last two jobs was one of the best things I've ever done. I hadn't had more than 10 work days off in about 20 years. A crime.

mtnrunner2 said...

Uh... 10 work days off IN A ROW, I meant.

Steve Pero said...

What Brandon said....you go into Hardrock with nothing to think about but running the run (notice I didn't say race) ;-)

brownie said...

Thanks for the kind words. Good money, not quite as many vacation days. So we'll see how it works out. I only have to hold on until the wife gets her MBA, then I get to retire and be a stay-at-home dad for the dog.