Tuesday, June 25, 2013

catching up...

Monday AM - Easy two hours in Red Rock Canyon.  Still pretty sore.

Monday PM - Rode over to Bristol and then joined the Upadowna crew for a bike ride.  Stratton Open Space, Gold Camp, Buckhorn, Cap't Jacks, Stratton, then back to the brewery.  23 miles, three hours.  Pretty solid ride for a novice.


Tues - Five easy miles up Barr Trail and then back down.  Just over two hours.  I'm definitely no Chris B, but the columbine are blowing up near No Name Creek.


I ended up forgetting my trusty Timex on Saturday and ran without a watch.  Thinking I took it out a bit hard for the first 40 miles as I'm still feeling it today.  A lot of my buddies who are normally faster than me had good days and I was right with them through Slum, so I should have known better.  Not much I can do about that now but rest up these next three weeks.

Beer for today is the Session Lager from Full Sail Brewing, given to me by Rick H after San Juan.

1 comment:

Chris Boyack said...

Thanks, JT. I ran 9 miles of dry and dusty dirt roads yesterday in 90+ heat. Your Barr Trail columbines look awesome to me.