Sunday, June 05, 2011

Golden Gate Dirty Thirty 50K

Started slow, mediocre through the middle, slow through the end. 6:19. More of a good long run than a poor race though. Been pretty beat up since Collegiate Peaks, gonna enjoy this next two weeks of low mileage. Can't complain about this Dirty Thirty too much, I had a good race last year and finished in 6:41. Something I'm doing seems to be working.

Really love this course, I'd put it up with San Juan as my favorite non-Hardrock trail race.

7 comments:

GZ said...

Good seeing you yesterday, but I was not sure you were going to make it in before dark. ;)

Thanks for the PBR.

mtnrunner2 said...

I'd take that time and proudly retire. I might be able to do that on a bike if I'm lucky.

Nice to finally meet you out there.

brownie said...

Good to meet you too, mtnrunner. You'd be that slow since you'd stop every 30 seconds to take pictures.

mtnrunner2 said...

Yeah, I'm actually a 2:05 marathoner with a really bad photography addiction. Such a shame.

mtnrunner2 said...

Here are a few more photos from that day if you want any, grab 'em: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuVdKRz

ted mahon said...

So I was the guy who forced the sprint on you at the finish, for a middle of the pack time, and to no avail. I had a feeling we'd cross paths sooner or later. See you around.

brownie said...

Ted, thanks for keeping me honest over the final quarter mile!