Monday, June 15, 2009

weekend

Pretty solid weekend on both the running and drinking front.

My legs were pretty shot on Saturday morning from a double Incline on Thursday and a run up Barr Trail on Friday. That, combined with the hangover provided by Trinity on Friday night, and the Garden 10 miler looming on Sunday, didn't have me too excited about running. Was hoping to get in an easy 10 miler. But I ended up having one of those days where everything clicked, and I just kept going and going. Ended up doing just over 30 miles. Intemann trail, Section 16, Bear Creek Park, Santa Fe trail, Sinton Trail, the Garden, Rainbow Falls, and back to Manitou. Felt great, and it was awesome to get a 30 miler in. Did take a long pit stop at the Colorado Running Company and picked up a pair of the La Sportiva Wildcat. CRC has such quality customer service that they actually delivered the shoes to my house for me. Hope the Wildcat works out, I'm planning on running at least 50 miles of Hardrock in 'em.

Had a blast Saturday night. Ryan was in town for the Garden and BLOS's brother was visiting, so a bunch of us met at the Mariner for a few beers. A few Fat Tires there and it was off to the Tavern for some gin, and the drunkeness ensued. If that wasn't enough, then we went over to the Townhouse. I'll hafta check the pictures, but we probably hit the Keg as well (my memory is a bit fizzy after the Townhouse).

Sunday morning came way too early. I felt like hammered shit due to the hangover and the previous day's long run, so my goal of beating last year's Garden time went out the window. Ended up not running too poorly, 1:17:xx, about ten minutes off last year's pace but not too shabby given the situation.

Hung around the Garden for a while, watching friends finish and downing a few beers. After that, it was off to Katie's house for a bbq with some of the runners. Had a great time, drinking and shooting the shit and eating my weight in red meat.

Still sore as hell today from all the running. Great confidence boost for Hardrock though. I'll be spending this weekend up above 10,000 feet, and assuming I don't get struck by lightening when I officiate over Melissa's wedding on top of Pikes Peak I think I'll finally be as ready as possible for Silverton.

No comments: