Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Born to Run

Finally finished this book on the bus ride to work this morning. Real good read with lots of stuff on two of my favorite things: running insanely long distances and drinking insanely huge amounts of booze. Plus, super hottie Jen Shelton is in the book, though they sure could have used some pictures. Lots of info about Leadville as well.

Can anyone out there confirm that Ms. Shelton drinks as much as portrayed? I find it hard to believe that someone who finishes at the front of the pack can get away with that. I know it definitely affects my training, and hence my racing, but I'm not trying to win or set any records.

I've been on a reading tear since the Fruita 50, where I picked up a copy of Ed Abbey's "Desert Solitaire," which was on sale at the Colorado National Monument bookstore. Great read, sure wish I woulda picked it up before my Grand Canyon trip. Up next on the list is "Halfway to Heaven," something about some old dude climbing all the Colorado 14ers. If I can make it through that one, the three books in a year is probably the most I've read since my colledge days.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

another good one is "Once A Runner" by John Parker Jr.

Title is right up yer alley...

Paul DeWitt said...

Your problem is you get all the calories you need from beer, yet you also eat food. Hence your obesity. So the beer isn't the problem, just quit eating.

Glad I could help,
Paul

waldo said...

Your favorite librarian says, "Way to go, JT! Three books is better than the zero I've seen you read!"