Monday, June 01, 2009

more HPb

I've been wasting time at work by comparing last year's HPb training to this year's. Here's how things stack up, with last year's numbers followed by this year's numbers.

Nov - 22.0/194.1
Dec - 52.9/225.2
Jan - 126.8/254.2
Feb - 204.1/240.2
Mar - 280.8/305.7
Apr - 274.1/270.6
May - 316.6/313.5
Total - 1277.3/1803.5
Even though Hardrock is my true love, it's not too hard to tell looking at those numbers that my Leadville DNF has really driven my training to another level this year. A lot of the miles this year have been much better quality as well, as I've added the Tues/Thurs PPRR morning runs, which make me get up early and chase down a bunch of roadies instead of trotting along at my usual airborne shuffle pace. All that on top of the three 50 milers and the Grand Canyon crossing I've done since April, and I think I'm gonna be as ready as possible come July and August. Here's the RW graph of my monthly mileage, shows I've been steadily improving since October:



Hoping to get around 320 miles in this month, then I'll begin my taper on July 1.

The more important thing here is that I'm enjoying running as much as ever. I've had a great time training for the summer, and the real fun doesn't begin until race day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, those sure are some massive training mileage numbers. No doubt you have built one heck of a big base. With another month of 300+ you will certainly have what you will need for Hardrock.