Wednesday, June 10, 2009

bike to work day


Colorado celebrates National Bike Month a month after the rest of the country, due to the crappy weather we tend to have in May. Today was bike to work day. Katie and I took part, leaving my house at 5:30 AM for an early morning ride along local hike and bike trails. They had a free breakfast at the Pioneer's museum downtown. The food was kind of crappy, but after seeing Keith in spandex I wasn't really hungry anymore.
After work I'll be biking over to Trinity to help them celebrate bike to work day. Besides the usual 10% discount for human powered arrival, they'll be tapping the brand spankin' new New Belgium Dandelion Ale. I'm sure after drinking that I'll immediately call up my Yale educated brewing friend Yeast Infection and remind her that beer is supposed to taste like beer, not flowers. Still, it should be a good time, as Trinity tends to bring out the best of the local biking community.

No comments: