Monday, March 31, 2008

advantage - hippies!

Went back down to Benny's on Saturday night to check out the pride of Manitou, Creating a Newsense. Always a weird crowd when Newsense plays there, as Benny's attracts a pretty rough group, and Newsense brings out all the local hippies.

About four songs into the set, a fight breaks out. Some Mexican dude who looks straight out of a Tupac video is going at it with a Jerry Garcia lookalike. It was like the twilight zone. They fell to the ground and at one point actually rolled into my leg. My Pabst was never in danger so I felt no need to regulate.

After a few minutes the bartender finally threw the guys out and within seconds popo was there to arrest both of 'em. I'm pretty sure they found marijuana on the hippie.

Hard to declare a winner, but if you're walking around town dressed like a Mexican gangster, fighting to a draw with a hippie can't be good for your street cred.

5 comments:

Jes said...

Was it Gaylord???

crom said...

No! Cause I wouldn't have wasted my time swinging. a couple sticks with the mexican be good knife and it would have ended sooner. :)

brownie said...

It wasn't a story about Gaylord, but I think it sends a clear message to dirty Mexicans all over - don't fuck with hippie power!

brownie said...

There aren't a lot of hippies left in the Austin hash, but I think Gaylord and Wanksgiving should fight to the death at TXIH.

crom said...

I don't fight fair. And I loathe hippies! Dirty, smelly, granola crunching, sandal wearing, prius driving, tree hugging, animal saving, non-fur wearing pieces of organic shit! :)