Monday, August 20, 2007

Pb profile


Course profile of Leadville. Notice how horribly painful the Hope Pass crossing is. Took me 7:25 to do the twenty miles from the Twin Lakes aid station to Winfield and back. Ouch. Someone out there told me that the double crossing is "the hardest twenty miles of ultrarunning." I believe him.

The climb that gave me the most trouble was coming back over Sugarloaf Pass. I had already run 80 miles, the Hope Pass double crossing had taken a good chunk out of me, I was suffering horribly from sleep deprivation, and I just didn't want to go on. This section, Fish Hatchery to Mayqueen, would bring me closer to the cutoff, 43 minutes, than any other leg.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

JT, congratulations! Was it difficult running that long w/out an alcoholic beverage? Seriously dude, awesome!
Cathy Bridge

brownie said...

Crabby, how come you didn't do Pikes this year? I've still never had a gal swear at me like you did during the marathon last year!

Gagger said...

What is that horrible spike that begins at mile 40?

brownie said...

Hope Pass.

Unknown said...

I'll be back to PP but probably not for a year. I had "kid" conflicts this year and dealt with a stress fracture and couldn't get my arse in gear in time.
Dude, I'll swear at you anytime...fucker.