Wednesday, October 26, 2005

wednesday

Tried to go to a KKK rally at lunch today. No, not looking into membership, but there was supposed to be a group over at city hall pushing for passage of the upcoming marriage vote. Figured I might see a fight or something if I hung out over there. But there was nothing. No rally, no guys in white suits, nothing.

Running the Greenbelt after work today, then it's down to Town Lake for a memorial honoring the 2000 fallen Iraqi Freedon soldiers. Probably go for a beer afterwards so if anyone is interested give me a call around 9PM.

Picking up the Burnet Road Challenge shirts tomorrow, they look pretty good. Grabber and I hit four pubs last night (Poodle Dog, Lala's, Buddy's, and C. Hunt's) to tell 'em we're coming by. Poodle Dog is giving anyone with an official t-shirt on a .25 discount on Lone Star! Just drink 40 Lone Stars there and the shirt pays for itself! We're planning on having a toast to Crotch at Ginny's, with Jim Beam. Probably pass out cans of Lone Star for the Buddy's to Lala's leg, the longest section of the Challenge at 1.8 miles.

2 comments:

Rafael said...

So, where does it start? I want to do it, but I'm confused about the start location and time.

brownie said...

Yes, I got cut off at Ginny's, a new low for me! I'm so ashamed! People keep asking me who won the Challenge, but after looking at the pictures it appears there were no winners that night.