Friday, October 21, 2005

more pub run

So there I was, third thursday of the month, as usual in the parking lot of RunTex, drinking some St. Arnold's...

Another great pub run by the Austin Duathletes. Early on, in the parking lot, a newby to Austin was talking to Phil and I about duathlons. The guy asks Phil, who is the president of the AD, what workouts the club does. He replies, "Well, on the third thursday of the month we do the pub run, and on the first thursday of the month we do the booze cruise." What a great group!

Thanks to Melissa for all the presents in the parking lot! You're still a wanker for not doing the pub run, though. Good luck in your marathon this weekend.

Pretty good turnout. Several hashers. Lewis & Cock, High Beams, Tarantula, Squeeky Cheeks, Squeeze Box. Brrr wasn't here, so I was quite happy, but she ended up showing up later. Luckily I was able to avoid her most of the night.

From Runtex we were off to Darwin's pub on 6th street. A quick Fat Tire here and I try to round up the hashers for an extra stop to support the hash bar. Everyone but Lewis wanks out, you should all be disappointed in yourselves for skipping LJ's!

So to LJ's for an Iron City. From there it was off to Sholtz's beer garden in the shadow of UT stadium. Unfortunately, this joint was closed for a private party. Losers. Oh well, at least two of us had made up for the closed bar with an extra stop.

Next pub was Posse East, a beautiful dive on the corner of Duval and San Jacinto. Couple of Lone Stars here. I then saw Brrr doing sign language so I bolted to the next bar, all the way to...

...the Crown & Anchor! One of my favorite watering holes in Austin! Stayed a while here, had a few pints of Guinness. Tried to arm wrestle High Beams here but she pussed out.

Lewis and I decided it was time for another off-the-map bar, so it was off to Texas Showdown for more Lone Star. It was his first time in the joint, I think he likes it there.

Texas Showdown to Lavaca St. Pub for the final stop. Lots of drunks here. Regular runners don't drink very much, so they tend to get wasted on these pub runs. We were joined here by Nicole (who got a parking ticket!) and I even caught a glimpse of my favorite stalker, Jeannette. I had quite a few beers here, and my goal of staying relatively sober was destroyed.

All in all, another great Thursday night!

Well, gotta get back to busting nurses. I'll keep everyone posted on the next pub run.

1 comment:

dayoldfish said...

good God, Drrrr was only there for half of it, I should have went