Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Methodist Mountain Ultra

Had a good long run on Saturday on the Methodist Mountain trails.  Somehow I got lost at the very beginning and ran an extra two miles to the first aid station.  Could not figure out where I went astray so I just continued on.  At the finish I told the guy keeping stats to DQ me as I didn't run the correct course, but I'm still in the results.  Finished in 6:50:42 for my 34.3 miles.  Kind of "meh" all around for this first time race, unless the price drops significantly I probably won't be back.

For the week:

run - 59 miles, eleven hours

ride - 41 miles, 4.5 hours

hike - 29 miles, 13 hours

Pretty much done with events for 2023 save for a few local 5k's and a marathon in Florida to knock off another state.  I have a few irons in the fire for '24 and it's going to take some time to see how those shake out.  But I have committed to a late May or early June attempt at Mount Hood in Oregon.

No comments: