Sunday, October 29, 2023

20:53

Creepy Crawl 5k on Saturday.  Was hoping for a sub 20 but winter had other plans.  We were hit by our first real cold front and when I got to Palmer Lake it was 23F and windy AF.  No thanks.  Had a decent first mile at 6:09, but that was with the wind at my back.  The next two miles were right into the wind (the course is a combo out and back with a loop around the "lake," giving you the fantastic opportunity for two miles of headwind) and I cratered, running 6:44 and 7:11.  Oof.  But I suffered the entire time, so it's good to get that kind of effort in as I head into some lesser distance races.

Got a good five inches of snow at the house Saturday night.  Cold all day but I got in a nine miler on the Garden roads in the afternoon.  Supposed to warm up on Wednesday.

run - 51 miles, nine houes

ride - 26 miles, 2.5 hours

hike - 25 miles, eleven hours

Not a good weekend for Pittsburgh football fans.  Pitt was drubbed by Notre Dame with lots of ongoing drama afterwards.  And Kenny Pickett was injured in a Steelers loss.  Thankfully college hoops starts soon.

No comments: