Monday, February 10, 2020

winter series III

On Friday after running home $100 and I went over to Fossil before heading to Lulu's to catch Zach Deputy.  They had cheap Utica Club at Lulu's!  Zach put on a great show, really hoping Lulu's stays open.



Saturday was the third installment of the winter series.  We are going through some terrible weather here in COS, and I'm barely hanging on to any fitness.  The past two winter series races have saved me as I've been able to get really hard efforts in.

Here I am battling mini-Kara Goucher in the first half mile of the race.  She would hang with this pack through 1.5 miles before having her hopes and dreams crushed.


Wes made decisive move on a hill around 2.3 miles into the race and I was unable to counter.  Ran 6:19 and 6:14 for the final two miles (downhill) but I just couldn't catch back up.  Did put a good chunk of time on Richard though.  33:37 for five miles.  Thanks to Peter and Tom for the pics.


After the game we hung out at Lost Friend Brewing for a bit before heading up to The Hill to see Air Force Hoops take on #4 San Diego State.  As an added bonus, I got to achieve a life long dream of seeing the Cheese It Bowl trophy in person.  Air Force hung close for most of the game but gassed out over the final few minutes.  San Diego State is solid but I have a hard time believing they're the fourth best team in the country.



No comments: