Tuesday, October 01, 2019

run commute 60

Tab Benoit on Thursday night.  Great show.

I had Friday off as we were going to head out to Buena Vista for the 14er fest.  Woke up early and got in 15 miles in 2:07 on the Midland, Santa Fe, and Sinton trails, which are all paved or packed dirt.  Good run.

BV was fun.  We got to park the van by the river and I watched the dog while $100 took some fly fishing courses.  Got in a good ride on Saturday and on Sunday I ran the 14K, which was a 5K of roads and 8ishK of trails.  Ended up running 8.4 miles in just under 69 minutes.  Ran hard and I think the fitness is definitely improving.


I also used the weekend to test out something new.  I picked up a packraft from Costco for $120 and took her on her maiden voyage.



I only went about a mile, and the river was super low, and I couldn't steer the raft, and I ended up losing the storage bag that doubles as a pump, but I lived.

Biked to work on Monday, then dropped by the Triple Nickel after work to watch the Steelers finally decide to begin their season. 

Run commute 60 on Tuesday.  Five miles in 40:32.  Middle three miles at 3:10 marathon pace.

Been signing up for a bunch of races lately.  If anyone wants to throw down, I'll be running Cheyenne Mountain, Canya Canon, the Rock Canyon half, and the Rescue Run 10K.

No comments: