Thursday, May 23, 2019

4th annual hobo brewery bike tour

Once again a few of us decided to ride north to a beer festival.



We all met at Red Leg Brewing on Friday morning, had a few beers, and rode up to O'Malley's.  Somehow we talked the owner of 300 Days of Shine into letting us in for drinks on that leg.  Then it was the trek on CO 105 to Bud's at Sedalia.  Then the only highway section, riding a few miles on HWY 85 to Living The Dream.  Then the long bike path along 470 to Green Mountain Beer Company.






Wadsworth somehow always seems to play a role in the weekend, and as I was crossing that road I felt a stinging pain in my back.  I might have been a little drunk at this point, which helped deal with things, but I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Then I looked to my left and saw some little shit high school dropout kid laughing at me, holding a pellet gun.  Fucker had shot me.  I flipped him off and said some nice things about his mother.


We drank as much as we could at Green Mountain before leaving that establishment for the grass field next to the brewery.  Second year in a row we slept at this place.


Sat morning we got a late start and made it to Coors around 9:30AM.  We were first in line for the short tour.  The tour is now $5 for Colorado residents and $10 for out of staters, but they let veterans in for free.  Woot!



After Coors we hit up Cannonball Creek, then Holidaily, then the trek up to Southern Sun.  Then off to the Upslope Get Down festival.





Lots and lot of beers, lots and lots of fun.  On Sunday we woke up and headed back to Golden, dropping by Golden City, Mountain Toad, and New Terrain.  $100 picked us up in Golden and we were able to talk her into one more stop, hitting Living The Dream one last time for the weekend.


3 comments:

mtnrunner2 said...

A pellet gun? That is messed up, I've never heard of anything like that other than some idiot shooting at drivers down near Highlands Ranch a few years ago. Who's letting immigrant snipers in? (I kid)

You visited more breweries in one bike ride than I have in a decade+ of CO living 👍 Been to these and enjoyed them:

* Cannonball Creek
* New Terrain
* Southern Sun
* Golden City
* Mountain Toad

Now that I'm living farther north, I can recommend:

* 4 Noses
* Liquid Mechanics
* Kokopelli Brewing
* New Image
* Yak & Yeti (canned under the label Spice Trade)

Assuming you can remember, what were some of your favorites? Other than sleeping in the lovely Lakewood/Littleton open spaces

The Padre said...

Brother Pitt,
What An Adventure & What An Even Better Idea. Thanx For Taking A Pellet For The Team. Is There Some Sort Of Traditional Bird Flying With This Group And The Photos. Many Thanx To $100 For Always Being There.

Keep On Keeping On
Cheers

brownie said...

I enjoyed all the breweries we visited, though the gluten free stuff at Holidaily isn't for me. But one of my absolute favorites in the entire state is Living The Dream, they brew great beer there.

$100 picked us up at New Terrain, and I couldn't believe how big the place was. Damn near New Belgium territory.