Saturday, February 16, 2019

5:32

Not quite what I was hoping for but a step forward for me in the mile.  This one hurt from the get-go as the pace was a lot faster from the start than my last mile at UCCS.  Gave it everything I had over the last two laps (six laps to the mile at the Air Force indoor track) seeing as a) Tom was right in front of me and b) my 5:29 goal was right there, but I was unable to accomplish either.  Lots of pain and suffering in that five and a half minute race.

I am exactly one minute off my PR that I set when I was a senior in high school.



3 comments:

GZ said...

4:32 in high school. Just like Frank Shorter said. You were quicker than me then.

Nice work.

brownie said...

I think he also said "everyone ran 4:20 in high school."

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Nice work. 5:32 ain't bad. But 4:32 in high school? Impressive.