Thursday, December 06, 2018

fat and lazy and cold

Lots of things accumulated to let this week get away from me.  Super cold weather, a lack of motivation, a shitty cold I'm trying to shake, a visit from the in-laws.

Mon - 2.5 miles of dog walking and CityRock 131.

Tues - 1.2 mile dog hike, CityRock 132. 

Wed - 2.3 mile AM dog hike, then took the dog over to Iron Mountain for an evening run.  2.7 miles.

Thurs - home sick today, but I got the dog over to Red Rock Canyon for a very easy four miler.

I assume I'm sick because I spent Wednesday helping to clear out a big homeless camp.  I'm guessing our city is going to start coming down on the homeless a lot harder.  I was there trying to get these guys to visit a shelter and/or access other local services.


And instead of resting after that day I stayed up too late and drank too much beer at the Black Sheep for the Pink Talking Fish show.  Great gig and I hope to check those guys out again.  


The Sheep has some good shows coming up, but for some reason I'm super excited to check out Okilly Dokilly.  A death metal band where the guys all dress as Ned Flanders.  


My friend Lauren ran really well at JFK recently, so I got her a mug as a gift for a job well done.



No comments: