Thursday, August 30, 2018

run & bike commute 40/upcoming weekend

Finally feel like I'm getting back into a routine after our hike.  Took a while.

Mon - run commute 38.  Actually mooched a ride downtown to Kings Chef with Bob, but I did run home. 

Tues - run commute 39.  The run to work included 3 x one mile with five minutes rest in between.  I do these on the roads and I don't really pay attention to the time, I just make sure I'm running hard.  They were all well under seven minutes depending on traffic and stoplights and whatnot.  CityRock 94 at lunch.

Wed - bike commute 40.  Straight to CityRock in the AM to throw some weights around and do some bouldering.  On the way home I climbed Cheyenne Canon, which I am not in shape to be doing but with the Royal 50 looming I need to pedal more.

Thurs - run commute 40.  Through Sondermann Park.  Included 2 x 20 minutes pretty hard.

As much as I can't stand children under the age of 27, the wife and I have done an old college roommate of mine a favor and adopted his niece under the Air Force Academy cadet sponsorship program.  We are having her and her parents over on Saturday after the Air Force/Stony Brook football game.  I am going to try to get her to transfer to Pitt, or at least Army if she doesn't have the qualifications to get into that prestigious school.

On Sunday we are going to head out early and take a drive (no hiking as we'll have the dog) through Rocky Mountain National Park before heading over to Fort Collins for a brewery tour and the Fortitude 10K on Monday.  We are planning on a late lunch Saturday at Lumpy Ridge Brewing and a brewery tour in the Fort on Sat evening if anyone is around.

2 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

The best breakfast burrito in existence.
Check out Rock Cut Brewing while in Estes Park if you have time. It's good.

mike_hinterberg said...

I clicked on here to tell you to go to Rock Cut as well!.
(Admittedly, haven't been to Lumpy, which looks good. Anything but EP Brewing! Worth going to Rock Cut as well and super dog friendly there, and friends with dogs also like the EP dog park by the lake)