Friday, August 24, 2018

accolade 31

Mon - bike commute 37, including a longer ride home to stop by Garage Run.  CityRock 91 at lunch.

Tues - bike commute 38.  CityRock 92.

Wed - run commute 37.  Legs still sore from the Double, mostly from running down the mountain.

Thurs - bike commute 39, CityRock 93.

Fri - drank a few too many beers at Fossil on Thursday night but I still forced myself out of bed for a 1:15 dog hike in the Garden and a trip to Accolade.

Going climbing this weekend.  Red Rock Canyon on Saturday, and then possibly Shelf Road on Sunday
.

2 comments:

mtnrunner2 said...

Last fall I started climbing at the gym, toprope mainly but also bouldering. Really starting to enjoy the bouldering after adjusting to climbing *under* rock instead of scrambling on top of it. 5.9 and V2 are pretty much my max. Anything higher is wizardry and magic for now.

I looked at Red Rocks and it's bolted sport routes, right? Is the sandstone soft and sandy like in Fruita/Moab, or is it pretty solid?

brownie said...

Red Rocks, and the Garden, are mostly bolted sport routes. The stone is pretty solid. But Red Rocks is slab, and it's takes a leap of faith that I'm struggling with to trust your feet. If you're comfortable leading and setting up an anchor I'd gladly take you there.

We also have decent bouldering in the Garden and Ute Valley.