Wednesday, May 24, 2017

bike commute 35

AM - quick ride to CityRock before work.

PM - Rode up Cheyenne Canon.  Last year at this time I was two weeks away from Dirty Kanza and I would crush the Canon.  Not so much this year.  Only one way to describe my climb on the fat bike yesterday: OOF!

Wiley was in town and we were going to meet up at Cerberus, but I thought I had enough time to get to the top parking lot and just shoot down Gold Camp Road.  When I got there there was a cop blocking the road.  We joked a bit about me not wanting to climb High Drive, but that was the only answer.  Up High Drive, down Capt Jacks, then back onto High Drive.  Still had enough time.  Then, just when I got to the top of the Chutes, there was a dead body in the road.  Surrounded by police tape and cop cars.  I had to drop down the Chutes, making me late, but obviously my problems seemed tiny at that point.  The Gazette reports that the guy was only 28.

So gloomy.  Want happier, awesomer shit?  This happened today a few miles up the road:


I wasn't at the graduation, but I got a good view of the Thunderbirds practicing yesterday.  The pilots also ate at King's Chef yesterday.

No comments: